CeX3D - homepage
CEX3D CONVERTER NEWS
CeX3D Converter is a LightWave 3D /
Unreal Editor / RenderMan converter.
2001-09-03: Version 0.4.9 released for Linux
- !!!Added Graphical User Interface!!!
- Added support for writing LightWave  objects
- Added support for reading Unreal Brush T3D files
- Added autodetection of texture resolutions for
BMP and Targa textures during conversion
- Added option --forceTextureResolution=true
in the commandline version to disable autodetection of
- Made workaround when LightWave object contains invalid
2001-06-25: Graphical User Interface coming soon
2001-02-16: Version 0.4.1 released
Changes since 0.4.0:
- Added a --textureWidth=<width> option to allow specifying a separate width of Unreal textures.
- Added a --textureHeight=<height> option to allow specifying a separate height of Unreal textures.
- Removed the old (one day old? :) --textureResolution option in favor of
--textureWidth and --textureHeight.
2001-02-15: Version 0.4.0 released
Changes since 0.3.6:
- !!!Added support for reading LightWave  objects and above!!!
- !!!Added support for UV-mapping (max. 3 accurate texture vertices)!!!
- Added support for reading Unreal brush files (without textures).
This means that it's now possible to do Unreal->Unreal and Unreal->RenderMan conversion.
- Autodetects the format of all input files.
- Added a --scale=<factor> option to allow object scaling during conversion.
- Added a --textureResolution=<res> option to get Unreal texturing to work correctly.
- Added a --coordTransformsLH=<transforms> option for rotating objects during conversion.
It uses special casing on multiples of 90 degrees to get accurate vertex coordinates.
You would most likely want to use --coordTransformsLH=rz90,ry90 when
converting from LightWave to the Unreal Editor.
- Added two example batch files for converting with only 2 mouse clicks in Windows Explorer.
- --backslashToSlash=true has been replaced by --toOSType=Unix.
- --slashToBackslash=true has been replaced by --toOSType=Windows.
- --fromTextureRoot=<root> now operates on the filenames after they
have been converted according to --toOSType.
- RenderMan export now reuses textures accross different object surfaces
so that each texture is loaded only once.
- Fixes some really nasty texturing problems.
2000-10-29: Version 0.3.6 released
Changes since 0.3.5:
- Output filenames are now generated from the input filename.
- Added commandline option --destFileName=<file> for specifying an output filename.
- Multiple files can now be converted at once by just listing all filenames to be converted.
- New internal architecture.
2000-10-25: Version 0.3.5 is released
Changes since 0.3.4:
- Fixes some texturing bugs when converting to UnrealEd.
- Exported RenderMan files now also uses Gaussian filters instead of
2000-10-06: Version 0.3.4 is released
Changes since 0.3.3:
- Fixes some object scaling bugs when converting to UnrealEd.
2000-10-04: CeX3D Converter 0.3.3 released
(for spam-mail protection you cannot copy this e-mail address - you must spell it, and please don't put this e-mail address on any other website)